Monday, January 23, 2012

Check out my FaceBook page!

Facebook pages can be a great way to get information out to a large amount of people. It is quick and easy to post information which can be accessed by everyone. That's why I have started a FaceBook page!

Image on page from: http://www.themagazine.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/apples-ca.jpg

The purpose of this page is to provide a space where ALES 204 students can find reliable nutrition information and ask questions. On my FaceBook page you will find current and possibly controversial nutrition topics discussed. You will also be able to ask questions and can expect a valid and truthful answer. Be warned though, some questions will not have a solid, concrete answers! Many aspects of nutrition are not black and white. There can be a lot of in-betweens, exceptions, grey area, and long-winded answers to simple questions that you may have thought would get a yes or no answer. All of the information posted on the page will be accurate and from reliable sources. I will do my best to answer all questions to the best of my ability. Check out my page here and like page and share it with your friends. To find other FaceBook pages that might be useful look at Jen's blog and Erika's blog as they are also creating FaceBook pages.

FaceBook pages such as ones similar to mine can be a great way to advance careers and businesses. Not only is it free advertising, but it's a good way for prospective clients to get some information about services you have to offer and areas of specialization or expertise. For me personally, I hope that one day I will be able to use FaceBook as part of a private practice in nutrition to gain new clients and disperse reliable nutrition information. It can be a place for people to ask quick questions if they don't have time to have a full appointment; it can also be a place for people to post their questions they wish to be addressed in an appointment. Others may have the same questions that have already been asked so it can also be a way to find reliable information about specific topics. Relevant links and articles will also be posted in the page so that people can research further into topics of their interests. See more about how FaceBook can be used for businesses here.



1 comment:

  1. Great link about some other ways Facebook can be kept professional! It's good to see that more people are becoming interested in using Facebook for business, because its such a great networking tool!
    I'm not a nutrition student, but have become very interested in nutrition since I was diagnosed with Celiac's disease about one year ago. I've had to completely re-think my food intake since my diet is such a drastic change. I look forward to following your blog and your Facebook updates!

    ReplyDelete